Starr Saphir gave a private birding walk this morning in Central Park during which she observed a calling Alder Flycatcher at Hernshead. (Had the bird not been calling, it could not have been reliably distinguished from a Willow Flycatcher).
- Alder Flycatcher (calling, near Hernshead)
- Wood Thrush (Evodia Field)
- Yellow Warbler (Triplets Bridge)
- Chestnut-sided Warbler (west of Maintenance Meadow restrooms)
- American Redstart (Triplets Bridge)
- Common Yellowthroat (female, Strawberry Field)
- Ovenbird (Strawberry Field)
- Northern Waterthrush (Strawberry Field)
- Canada Warbler (west of Maintenance Meadow restrooms)
Join Starr tomorrow, Monday 20 August 2012, 7:30 AM at 81st and CPW for her first public birding walk of the fall season.